Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Mixerr Album Reviews #1,766

Lil Louis & The World - Journey With The Lonely is much better than your average 4/5**** electronic album or house music single.  The sounds of acid house music meet dance music on this album. One thing is for sure is that this album is still ahead of its time today. The house music today cannot hold a candle to this album. It stands the test of time in today’s music and climate. Lil Louis is a genius. He sure has a unique eclectic taste in music.


Do U Love Me is the bonus track for this EP that can also be found on the album Journey With The Lonely. Do U Love Me samples Taana Gardner - HeartBeat and Freedom - Get Up And Dance. Joi Caldwell’s vocals were sublime on this song.

This is a wonderful piece of house music which can be considered a classic deep house song with a bass line that will get you every time you listen to this song. The kick drum kicks in after the first verse and the snare drum that kicks in after the second verse. The bass and drums will have you bounce around. It is both hypnotic and melodic. The song is nothing short of emotionally tugging.

The song explores regret in seeking confidence from a friend. Read Verse 2.:

[Verse 2]
In my soul I always knew
That I dared to ask of you
Who’s a friend, I would regret
So I live with my secret
Somewhere singing signs of spring
Whispering a melody
But before I’ll spread my wings
Will you answer candidly

[Chorus]
If you love me
Take me higher and higher (x2)

The fifth verse seeks for truthfulness. Read Verse 5.:

[Verse 5]
Hold me baby
Here’s what I say to you
From my soul (From your soul)
I’m asking you (Just be true)


Dancing In My Sleep came from the 1992 album Journey With The Lonely. Joi Cardwell was the lead vocalist who wrote this song. Her vocals are sung in perfect harmony. Lil Louis himself did not write this song. Lil Louis produced the beats himself. Dancing In My Sleep is one of the lesser known songs from Lil Louis.

Dancing In My Sleep is about awakening to a new world with eyes wide in search of something new. Reaching for our dreams. The first verse highlights this at the very beginning. Take a look.:

[Verse 1]
Once upon a time
When things were new
Our eyes wide
We saw the world anew
We sang our songs and we danced along
Reaching for our dreams
Now it’s been so long since our view was clear
And our dance we walk through like sleep

Imagine dancing in your sleep. You toss and turn trying to break the mold. Someone lovingly reaches out to you. Pushing you to grow. Others tell you not to change and to stay the way you are. Now it’s time to ignore them and shake to a different dance or groove. Verse 2 highlights the encouragement of growth. Take a look.:

[Verse 2]
Oh
Fitfully
I toss and turn trying to break the mold
Lovingly you reach out to me
Pushing me to grow
Others tell me not to change
to stay the way I am
But I’m itching to move
Time to groove
Time to shake to a different dance

Now the chorus explains how to shake this mood by watching for something new. Read the chorus to find exact details.:

[Chorus]
I’m dancing in my sleep
Waiting for something new
Im dancing in my sleep
Waiting for just for you
I’m dancing in my sleep
Waiting for something new
I’m dancing in my sleep
Waiting for just for you
I’m just dancing
Trying to shake this mood


You’re My Reason is a mellow tune with a mid tempo pace. The song is Chicago house music at its finest. You’re My Reason is one of the lesser known songs from Lil Louis. Funny How U Luv is also another one of the lesser known songs from Lil Louis.

I rate this album, 5/5****!!

No comments:

Post a Comment