Friday, November 30, 2018

Copper sediment found in Texas HHSC water supply.


On the date of 10/4/2018, an employee of Texas HHSC found copper sediment in the water coming from a water fountain. The copper sediment sample was recorded and documented on the date of 10/4/2018. It was then that an employee taped the copper sediment sample on top of said water fountain. This was an attempt to warn and inform Texas HHSC employees along with contractors about copper in their water supply coming from a particular water fountain.

Copper sediment sample from 10/4/2018.
Copper sediment sample from 10/4/2018.
Sticky notes were posted on the water fountain with the captions of “Mmm… copper” and “Can we drink this or nah”. One sticky note has a humorous remark poking fun at this situation with a caption saying “Enjoy a glass of water. Have a copper more while you’re at it”. The grammar found on those sticky notes has atrocious grammar errors.
Sticky notes with humorous remarks.
Sticky notes with humorous remarks.


















The Texas HHSC has had some major plumbing issues over the years it’s been open. However this is not surprising considering there was a rat infestation which caused a $60,000 vermin infestation last year in 2017 at the Texas HHSC building. Sewer rats were found in water pipes causing damage. (Ref: https://www.texastribune.org/2017/11/29/texas-health-regulators-overrun-several-hundred-rats/)

Any exact plans as to how the removal of copper in the Texas HHSC water supply have not been confirmed or made public yet.


Copper sediment found in a water bottle.
Copper sediment found in a water bottle.





History of Lower Balcones School in Boerne, Texas explored and examined.

Lower Balcones School was a county school operated by Kendall County Common School District in Boerne, Texas from 1890 to the 1940s. Lower Balcones School was one of the many country schools built in the United States during the late end of the 19th century. Not much is known about the Lower Balcones School or its history. This news article will explain and examine the history behind Lower Balcones School.


Lower Balcones School was built as a one-room schoolhouse built as a wooden frame building in 1890 during the 1890-1891 school year for Kendall County Common School District. Lower Balcones School was located on the Boerne Stage Road serving as the main road from Boerne to San Antonio at the time. The school building for Lower Balcones School is located next to Balcones Creek which serves as the boundary line between Kendall County and Bexar County.

The school term started in October and ended in March. The last day was usually around Memorial Day. Its school bell did not start ringing until the day after Labor Day. (Ref:https://conradsstories.com/2011/09/09/lower-balcones-school)

Kendall County Common School District was responsible for funding the school through county finances as it was for all of its schools. Grades 1 through 8 were taught at the school the first 10 years starting in the 1890-1891 school year. Grades 9 and 10 were added in 1901.

40 students attended Lower Balcones School in 1890 during the 1890-1891 school year. This school used 20 double desks which seated 2 students. All of its 40 students were in elementary grades. 41 students in grades 1 through 8 attended Lower Balcones School in 1891.


Beginning in 1901 during the 1900-1901 school year is when grades 9 and 10 were included into the school. Grades 9 and 10 were in the same room.

In 1909, the school building burned down in a fire. The school building perished afterwards. Nothing could be salvaged. This would require Kendall County Common School District to allocate funding for a new school building to be constructed. Students attended school elsewhere where they could continue classes. The fire had occurred in 1909 during the 1909-1910 school year.

A new two-room school building was established in 1910. Classes were continued in 1910 during the 1910-1911 school year. Beginning in 1911, classes for grades 9 and 10 were held in a separate room away from students in grades 1 through 8. The average daily attendance for the 1930s decade was 36 students.

It was sometime during the 1940s when Lower Balcones School was consolidated into Boerne ISD. This was due to the availability of automobiles becoming more affordable and road improvement. The advent of transportation led students to attend school in town with no further need for country schools or county schools.


Today Lower Balcones School serves as a multi-use facility by serving as Unity Church of Boerne and as a meeting hall. The meeting hall is in the other room of the school building. Unity Church of Boerne now owns the school building of Lower Balcones School.

Address for Lower Balcones School is 121 Scenic Loop Road, Boerne, Texas, US 78006.

History of the Cove School in Orange, Texas discovered.

Not much history is known about the Cove School. Information regarding Cove School is quite vague. This news article will attempt to find out the history of Cove School in Orange, Texas.


Mr. David Bland and Mrs. Bland moved to Orange, Texas in 1881. Both them and their children lived in a 1 story house. The couple saw an urgent need for a school in the community. So both of them built a school that would become the Cove School located south of Orange, Texas. Mrs. Bland began teaching again in 1881. She used a room in their house as a classroom while Cove School was being built. The school being conducted in their house was a private school. Grades 1 through 8 were educated here.

Cove School was established and opened in 1882 on land that was owned by Mr. David Bland and Mrs. Bland. This was in order to have educational facilities for children living in Orange, Texas. Mrs. Bland was its first teacher already having several years of teaching experience.  (Ref: Gateway to Texas - Orange County, page 200)

Mr. David Bland donated more land for the school in 1884. It was then that Mr.s Bland would continue to teach at Cove School for 7 years until 1891. She was succeeded by her daughter Allie Bland. D. B. McKinley was the school trustee.
(Ref: Gateway to Texas - Orange County, page 200)
(Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 1344, Page 200)

David Bland conveyed the land to Adams Bayou Community School District No. 6 of Orange County on the date of January 12, 1893. It was then that the Cove School would become part of Adams Bayou Community School District No. 6. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume P, Page 298)

Sometime in the 1900s is when Adams Bayou Community School District No. 6 was renamed to Cove Independent School District. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 3, Page 593)

Paul A. Nash and his wife Sarah Thornhill Nash donated a tract of land to Cove Independent School District in 1946. Over time, more land owners would donate acres from their tracts of land to Trustees of Cove Independent School District. Grades K through 8 were served in one building.

The first Cove School building was torn down in 1947. The gym and 2 story building serving as Cove School were built and constructed in 1947. Cove School would be rebuilt again in 1954. This time the 80% of the school building was a one story building. Grades K through 8 were educated here. (Ref: http://www.wosaf.org/history.html)


In 1965 when Cove Independent School District was merged into Orange ISD to form West Orange-Cove ISD, the Cove School was closed for whatever reason.  The property was transferred from Cove Independent School District to West Orange-Cove ISD. West Orange-Cove ISD would own the property from 1965 to 1972.

West Orange-Cove ISD formed from West Orange Independent School District, Cove Independent School District, and Orange Independent School District shortly after West Orange ISD and Cove Independent School District consolidated in 1965 during the 1965–1966 school year.  The new West Orange-Cove ISD was forced to by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) absorb Orange Public Schools fka Orange ISD and operated through the City of Orange. The school district’s name upon consolidation was West Orange-Cove Independent School District. (Ref: http://www.wosaf.org/history.html)

Bosie Southern Company and Lutcher and Moore Lumber Company removed the rails of the railroad siding next along a shed southwest on the property on August 25, 1971. Moore Lumber Company removed wooden beams from said railroad. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 411, Page 63)

On July 12, 1972, West Orange-Cove ISD sold the property and buildings to William M. Boiter. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 420, Page 532)


On the date of 2/16/2007, William M. Boiter sold the land to Ruben Dorantes on a special warranty deed. The school sat vacant. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Number 309865)

One the date of 1/19/2012, Ruben Dorantes sold the property to a man named Terry T. White, Sr. on a general warranty deed. Since then the school has been sitting abandoned. No further use of this school has been recorded. Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Number 381937)


The Cove school saw at least three buildings in its duration. One built in 1882, another one built in 1947, and the other 2 built in 1954.

Cove School is located at 1220 Dupont, Orange, Texas, US 77660.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Man who fakes Down syndrome gets arrested.

A man named Paul Menchaca from Gilbert, Arizona was arrested for fraudulent schemes and sexual abuse after faking to have Down syndrome on September 6, 2018. Police say was at his home at the time of arrest. He was pretending to have Down syndrome. Paul even went out of his way to hire caregivers to bathe him and change his diapers.

Now the disturbing fact is that Paul Menchaca did this for a living as ABC 15 and Lovelyti’s News Network pointed out. What’s even more disturbing is that he was receiving money for this act.

This is stupid. Clearly the caregivers were not trained well enough to realize that the man did not have Down syndrome. How a neurotypical person can fake having Down syndrome is absoultuety staggering. He obviously has an infantilism fetish. That’s what it is. How the caregivers did not see or perceive the signs is baffling. What’s next? A man faking autism? Next we will have people pretend or fake being into persistive vegetative state. As of course we live in an “anything goes” society as Lovelyti pointed out.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Adams School of Beaumont, Texas to be demolished.

A Pre-Bid Conference was held on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 9:00 A.M at the Adams School in Beaumont, Texas. All bids were opened and publicly read by City Council Chambers. The Conference was in regards to the commercial asbestos abatement, demolition, and debris removal of the 3 structures of the Adams School. City Clerk Tina Broussard says closing date for this bid is Thursday, December 6, 2018.

The Adams School is going to be demolished soon. So it may be lights out for good on the old Adams School. The gymnasium will be demolished along with the school itself.

Commercial asbestos abatement will be performed before any of the demolition process occurs as the school building was built in 1930. Any debris left will be removed and salvaged from the property. It is unknown if Beaumont ISD or City Council Chambers will keep any salvage from the debris removal.

Adams School is located at 1250 Cedar Street, Beaumont, Texas, US 77701.

History behind Creedmoor Gin Company explained.

Creedmoor Gin Company was established in 1878 as Creedmoor Co-op Gin by W. R. Davis on 110 acres of land owned by L. B. Rector. Creedmoor Co-op Gin was located on FM 1625. Creedmoor Co-op Gin was a cotton gin that served the Creedmoor community. A. D. Dye was its investor responsible for capital stocks. The business started off as a small local operation and then expanded to serve Travis County.

Creedmoor Cotton Gin was destroyed by fire on December 9, 1897. 100 tons of cotton seed and 17 bales of cotton perished in the fire. E. I. Davis and T. H. Davis reported this news to the Austin Weekly Statesman. (Ref: Austin Weekly Statesman, Page 4, Thursday, December 9, 1897)

On January 30, 1899, 110 acres were deeded to L. B. Rector by W. J. Montgomery. According to Travis County Deed Records, the John Ash tract was part of the co-op gin. Several other acres were merged or absorbed onto the property. Part of the Creedmoor Gin Company property was on the Click land which was owned by Joseph Allen Click. Creedmoor Gin Company was also known as Creedmoor Co-op Gin and Creedmoor Gin Co


Creedmoor Gin Company was incorporated on the date of February 23, 1907 with $10,000 capital stock by W. R. Davis and A. D. Dye. Creedmoor Gin Company was incorporated as a domestic for-profit corporation. (Ref: Daily Bulletin of the Manufacturers Record, Volumes 17-18)

In the year of 1919, Creedmoor Gin Company was involved in a bankruptcy case. However the cotton gin continued operations. A. D. Dye became in charge of the cotton gin and company.
(Ref: American bankruptcy reports, Volume 43)
(Ref: The Southwestern Reporter, Volume 210)

A few bankruptcies hit the cotton gin and company hard during the 20th century which slowed down business, but did not ultimately hurt W. R. Davis and A. D. Dye. Over time, several of the original structures for the original Creedmoor Gin Company were demolished excluding the ones remaining  from the 1897 fire.

In 1961, Creedmoor Gin Company closed down and the land was sold to Fannie Hunt Montgomery. On the date of 10/30/1992, Fannie Hunt Montgomery transferred the property to Lindsay Lucy Montgomery on a business quit claim deed. Lindsay Lucy Montgomery sold the property to Village of Creedmoor (City of Creedmoor) on a warranty deed on the date of 12/27/1996. (Ref: Deed Records of Travis County, 12/27/1996)


Today the only remnant left of Creedmoor Gin Company itself is a 1 story hay barn building which is now surrounded by trees, grass, and other natural vegetation. Today Village of Creedmoor (City of Creedmoor) owns the property and land. Some of the property turned into the Creedmoor Community Center & City Hall on FM 1625.

The only other remnants left are 2 barn sheds left on the Click land which today is owned by Lee Allen Click. The 2 barns serve as hay barns and storage. One barn shed has completely collapsed into the ground from overtime neglect and rural decay. The Click land is now agricultural farm land where cattle are being raised.

Much of the land has already been cleared out by TXDOT due to the construction of the SH 45 toll road located horizontally south of the property.

Creedmoor Gin Company was located at 12513 FM 1625, Creedmoor, Texas, US 78610.

World Trade Building in Port Arthur, Texas sits vacant and abandoned after suffering extensive damage from Hurricane Harvey.

After suffering extensive damage from Hurricane Harvey, the World Trade Building located at 448 Austin Avenue in Port Arthur, Texas now sits vacant and abandoned with many glass window panels missing. As of November 2018, plywood has been used to cover entrances and fill in any front windows damage by the hurricane of last year.

The World Trade Building is located at 448 Austin Avenue, Port Arthur, Texas, US 77640.

History of the Federal Building in Port Arthur, Texas.

For those who didn’t know, the locally well known “Federal Building” in Port Arthur, Texas is better known as US Post Office and Federal Building. What happened to the “Federal Building” in Port Arthur, Texas? Nobody exactly knows why or how this US Post Office building became abandoned and let it decay overtime. This news article will explain the history of the “Federal Building” in Port Arthur, Texas.


US Post Office and Federal Building was built in 1900 by Tom & Sons to serve as a post office for the public and government. James K. Taylor served as the architect. Its property is a 5,271 square foot lot. The basement was finished a year later in 1901. The construction period was from 1900 to 1903. Construction for this building was completed in 1903. This building housed government offices at point.

Historical significance of “Federal Building” is its Classical Revival architectural style. The design and construction stand out in notability the most. Its Classical Revival architecture was highly praised by NRHP officials.

US Post Office and Federal Building was admitted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 12, 1986 as #86001099. (Ref: https://nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/tx/jefferson/state.html)

The “Federal Building” was abandoned in 1994. Reasons why are unknown. The post office moved to a new location across town into a newer “state of the art” building.

According to a news article from Port Arthur News dating back to 2002, property of the US Post Office and Federal Building was in violation of Chapter 10 of Code of Ordinance of the CITY OF PORT ARTHUR. Excess grass, weeds, and/or brush was found growing on said property. (Ref: Port Arthur News, Page 30, Sunday, November 10, 2002)


On the date of 6/21/2008, the building was listed for sale by its owner on Zillow.com for an amount of $659,000 dollars, but later removed the building from real estate listings on the date of 3/23/2011. To set the record straight, the owner removed the building from real estate listings and not the realtor. The property has listed for sale many times over the years.

(Ref: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/500-Austin-Ave-Port-Arthur-TX-77640/2143939217_zpid/)
(Ref: https://www.loopnet.com/Property-Record/500-Austin-Avenue-Port-Arthur-TX-77640/JZH0xKi4w/Owner-Mortgage/)

On April 4, 2011 the property was put up for a minimum bid of $46,611.07 dollars in a NOTICE OF SALE listed inside The Examiner. On April 3, 2012, the property was listed yet again for bid inside The Examiner under “SHERIFF SALE April 3, 2002”. The minimum starting bid of $500 dollars and a current year value of $59,580. The property was sold to Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office later in 2012.

(Ref: The Examiner, Vol. 16, No. 6, April 21, 2011)
(Ref: The Examiner, Vol. 16, No. 52, March 15, 2012)

The property was resold to Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office again in 2013. In 2015, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office transferred and sold the property with all rights to a private owner. A private owner assumed full ownership and all rights of the property that year.

Today the building is now privately owned and still sits vacant & abandoned. No further use has been attempted or made.


The “Federal Building” aka US Post Office and Federal Building is located at 500 Austin Avenue, Port Arthur, Texas, US 77640. Its alternate address is 500 6th Street, Port Arthur, Texas, US 77640.

What happened to the Klan bookstore in Vidor, Texas?

Many wonder what had happened to Klan bookstore in Vidor, Texas. Many people state Vidor had a Klan bookstore on their main street. This news article will explain in detail what happened to the Klan bookstore in Vidor, Texas.

Vidor, Texas was the national headquarters for the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) along with Dallas, Texas, Pulaski, Tennessee, and a handful of other American cities which were home to several other klaverns.
A Klan bookstore welcomed shoppers on Main Street back when the Texas KKK (Texas Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and White Camellia Knights) was headquartered in Vidor. The Klan catered local functions at this bookstore for many years for the communities of Vidor and Beaumont. 



Vidor’s Klan bookstore opened first opened in the year of 1974 and was called & referred to as Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore. It was housed inside of a single story house that was built for a single family in 1948 owned by John Hardy. The single story house was a 1,152 square foot structure on 0.48 acres worth of land. Interiors and exteriors were constructed out of wood. Many modifications and alterations were made overtime. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 195, Page 699)

Prior to the structure becoming the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore, it was a pharmacy. The building had been a burned-out pharmacy which had burned in a fire. The Vidor KKK and White Camellia Knights cleaned up the burned out pharmacy and converted it into a bookstore.

Steve Gibbs and John Hardy were the owners of the property. Ray Booker was the owner and operator of Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore. He was one of the two Grand Titans of Texas for Texas Knights of the Ku Klux Klan with Louis Beamer. Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore was an exclusive bookstore that only Ku Klux Klan members could browse or purchase from when it first opened. The general public was not permitted inside until 1976. (Ref: Patsy Sims, The Klan)


Vidor’s Klan bookstore opened to the public on June 5, 1976. This Klan bookstore was called the “Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore” and was located right next to City Hall. Only white customers were allowed. Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore was located at the address of 146 Main Street, Vidor, Texas. Its phone numbers were 409-749-7173, 409-769-7873, and 409-749-7873.
(Ref: Port Arthur News, Page 18, June 10, 1976)

It was advertised in Port Arthur News under the caption of “KNIGHTS OF THE KU KLUX KLAN Bookstore now open to the public”. (Ref: Port Arthur News, Page 26, June 5, 1976)

The building itself was painted white all around. Steps to the storefront were painted patriotic colors of red, white and blue. The building had a sign on top saying "Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore, 146 Main Street, Warehouse of Godly good!” (Ref: http://www.michaelcorcoran.net/archives/1688)

Inside the store was a booth that sold “nigger hunting” licenses for 50¢ cents. “KKK Kountry” and “Klan Kountry” signs were sold here for purchase. Books containing racist memorabilia and propaganda were sold at this bookstore. T-shirts for the price of $8 dollars were sold at a booth inside. A sign that warned “Nigger, don’t let the sun set on you in Vidor.” was placed inside the store. The Klan bookstore often had marketed racism towards blacks.

In 1978, the White Camellia Knights moved their Klan bookstore to Pasadena, Texas as a business move and after a series of legal maneuvers by the local District Attorney. There was more demand for Ku Klux Klan activity in Pasadena than there was in Vidor. Its interior was stripped of everything and its belongings moved with the Klan down to Pasadena. By 1979, the storefront had been sitting abandoned and vacant before being demolished.


John Hardy sold the property to Lillian McElroy in 1982. Lillian McElroy would own this property for 11 years. Water Necessities established their company on the property in 1982. She had the building demolished in 1985.

By 1987, the storefront was either demolished or moved. All that remained of the Klan bookstore structure were three red, white and blue steps that front the sidewalk. (Ref: http://www.michaelcorcoran.net/archives/1688)

On the date of 11/08/1993, Lillian McElroy sold the property to Larry Brewer. He was the grantee that purchased said property. (Ref: Orange County Official Public Records, Volume 924, Page 731)

A new house structure was hauled in by Larry Brewer in 2014 for his Vidor Realty Inc. real estate business. The steps were destroyed and leveled making the entrance more handicap accessible for those who are physically disabled.

Today Vidor Realty Inc. operates where the storefront of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore was once located. Larry Brewer now owns the property.


Knights of the Ku Klux Klan Bookstore was located at 1020 North Main Street, Vidor, Texas, US 77662.

Friday, November 16, 2018

Parking lots for pet friendly hotel of Austin, Texas now in operation!

As of 2018, 2 mega-sized parking lots have now been built inside the property of Austin Bergstrom International Airport for a pet friendly hotel called Bark & Zoom. The 2 mega-sized parking lots are now in operation after much needed construction work.

Central parking in front of the main hotel building cannot accommodate the demand for need of pet friendly hotels in Austin, Texas. This resulted in the building of 5 acres worth of parking lots near the entrance of Austin Bergstrom International Airport. After many delays, their parking lots are now open for business. Bark & Zoom’s largest parking lot is located on Austin Bergstrom International Airport property.

What is interesting and unique for this pet friendly hotel is that the address for the Bark & Zoom parking lots located on the Austin Bergstrom International Airport property has an Austin address while Bark & Zoom has a Del Valle address.