Saturday, November 20, 2021

Mixerr Album Reviews #2,487

Trolley Snatcha ‎– Subtext EP is one of the darker and heavier dubstep releases similar to Skrillex - Scary Monsters And Nice Spirits. Trolley Snatcha produced that distinctive dubstep sound just with a heavier touch and not just solely relying on the party element of dubstep. Trolley Snatcha uses some ingenious sampling and mixing throughout the entirety of this EP.

Flying Missiles filled with that wonderful hyphy hi-fi dubstep sound which includes numerous vocal samples, wobbly bass, distorted pads, and crushed synths. Think heavier dubstep. No this is not that aggressive brostep which many people claim this song uses the style of music of.

Make My Whole World uses some wicked dubs and bass over that party element. The vocal samples says “Make my, Make my, make make my whole world your real" and not "Bake my, bake my, bake bake my wholemeal" as a few people believe. Trolley Snatcha fans call this Make My Whole World the best song on the EP.

The kicks used on Nasty Shit are what make Nasty Shit. The song uses that distorted filthy unfiltered dubstep sound. Nasty Shit samples the intro from Skream - The Shinein.

Trolley Snatcha fans call the song Giving Up by far best song off the Subtext EP. The sampling and mixing are just ingenious. Giving Up contains an uncredited sample of Ann Nesby - So Much Joy.

The song The Jungle leans towards used a more electro based sound than dubstep as the song uses a tempo of 128 BPM. The Jungle was used in those new Adidas run commercials. Now those Adidas run commercials are what made people discover some of Trolley Snatcha’s new music.

I rate this EP 4/5****!

No comments:

Post a Comment