Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Mixerr Album Reviews #2,558

Variety of Sinz - Cartoonz Ov Danger is a goofy rap album which took jabs at modern culture and contemporary entertainment in a satirical manner. The album includes a wacky cartoony rap song called Cartoonz Ov Danger, the hood classic called Murder One, and much more. These were the old school rap classics included on this album. These are unreleased Variety of Sinz songs which people are very lucky to have as not even the members of Variety of Sinz have copies of these songs themselves.


The album Variety of Sinz - Cartoonz Ov Danger was floating around Flint in 1992 way before their album Wicked Az Kimistry was released. The album was given to friends and had circulated around the 5th Ward neighborhood of Flint, Michigan.

Variety of Sinz recorded these songs from the period of/covering 1988-1992. Those were songs Variety of Sinz recorded in the studio which never were released. Those Variety of Sinz songs were recorded before 1993 back when they were still known as Hoodboyz. Variety of Sinz had been rapping under the name Hoodboyz prior to 1993.

During this time around the early 1990s, During this time Variety of Sinz was rapping under the name Hoodboyz. 40 Fiend (Dwonne DayLove), Tessio (Tessio Calhoun), Scottie, Danny, D Kent, Kareem (Kareem Cordell), HMD (Lovell Sims), and D Polk/Helebe (Dion Polk) were the original Hoodboyz. As well as others. They had demos floating around Flint in between albums.

Cartoonz Ov Danger is a lost Variety of Sinz album which was a demo on cassette which nobody has anymore. Not even the members of Variety of Sinz have copies of this demo album anymore. What baffles the fuck out of me is how Variety of Sinz lost these songs. That's sad that Variety of Sinz doesn't even own all of their own songs and albums anymore. That's sad 40 Fiend doesn't have any of those songs no anymore.


Cartoonz Ov Danger was another one of Variety of Sinz lost songs recorded in 1991. The song is low quality since the song was recorded on a cassette deck. The song was over recorded with several songs. Cartoonz Ov Danger was on their unreleased demo cassette before Wicked Az Kimistry was released. Cartoonz Ov Danger are cartoons of danger.

Cartoonz Ov Danger is a wacky cartoony rap song where members of Variety of Sinz diss and fight various cartoon characters. The members go around assaulting various Disney characters and go on a chaotic rampage.

Some of the lyrics to 40 Fiend’s which is the first verse used these lyrics:

They got me thieving as I rap up on a Ninja Turtle
My gat went zoom to his dome
Drop to Leonardo
They call me shredder because I’m hard as a rock
My posse’s strapped

40 Fiend disses Gargamel of Selby Hood in his verse by calling him Astriel using these lyrics: “My papa hated Smurfs/His name was Gargamel/He took his sack and took it back/His name was Astriel/I’m not a killer, I’m just a rhyme creator/I cleaned out the Kool-Aid man”

40 Fiend talks about killing Superman and the Rescue Rangers in these lyrics: “His name was Superman/Now his name is Deadman/I’m homicidal/Cartoonz of Danger/No one can help you/Not even the Rescue Rangers/I had to kill them”

He also talks about killing the Disney™ character Mickey Mouse in these lyrics:

Why must I cry because I killed Mickey Mouse?
Him and Goofy shouldn’t have tried to break into my house
I found a ladder and rat is eating up my cheese
I pushed him down to the floor like Humpty Dumpty
Then Goofy swung
I tried to hit him with a left blow
Minny Mouse was in my house
His boy was Donald Duck
He tried to rush me
I pulled my gat
He started running back to Disney
I never liked Disneyland when I was growing up
My parents made me join the stupid Mickey Mouse Club
That Mickey Mouse made me mad

Some of the most memorable lyrics on this song from 40 Fiend were:

They got me thieving as I rap up on a Ninja Turtle
They call me shredder because I’m hard as a rock
I’m not a killer, I’m just a rhyme creator
Why must I cry because I killed Mickey Mouse?
Him and Goofy shouldn’t have tried to break into my house
I’m on the loose and I’m killing cartoons y’all

His name was Superman
Now his name is Deadman
I’m homicidal
Cartoonz of Danger
No one can help you
Not even the Rescue Rangers
I had to kill them

What baffles the fuck out of me is how Cartoonz Ov Danger ended up getting lost and how that none of the members of Variety of Sinz got a copy of that song. That's sad that Variety of Sinz doesn't even own all of their own songs. Apparently no one else owns that song. Variety of Sinz had a lot of "lost songs" they recorded in the studio which were never released. Cartoonz Ov Danger was one of those songs Variety of Sinz recorded in the studio which was never released.


Murder One is a track about committing murders. Think murder rap. 40 Fiend and DJ Clay produced the track using a handful of samples. Murder One is quite similar to Murder One On A Punk Muthafucka by Tweedy Bird Loc.

This version of Murder One was later used on their 1993 debut album Wicked AZ Kimistry. The Variety of Sinz version of Murder One is a remix which only features Titan of King Hood Cykoz and Deuce 11 Gz/Duece 11 Gz on the hook. The Variety of Sinz version of Murder One is a remix of the original version.

I rate this album 3/5***!

No comments:

Post a Comment