Monday, May 16, 2022

Mixerr Album Reviews #2,577

Shawty Pimp came real with it with his slick yet esoteric pimp raps on his 1995 Comin’ Real Wit It. He brings out the best in Memphis pimp rap on songs such as Kickin’ Pimpin’ and Play No Playa. While you got your average Memphis rap songs such as Gotta Make A Killin,  My 9 Glock, and One Mean Stain. Despite any shortcomings or flaws, Comin’ Real Wit It is certainly a Memphis classic which does not get the respect or recognition truly deserved.


Shawty Pimp and Reddog break us off something proper with their classic witty lyrics on Break You Off. Reddog picks up from where he left off on Break You Off. And can't nobody but the big boys dig this shit. You know what I'm saying? They’re gonna kick some pimpin' for you niggas out there. And for you pimpin' ass niggas out there.

Shawty Pimp raps the repetitive and catchy lyrics to the hook. Repetitive catchy hooks are common in Memphis rap songs.

[Hook]
Loced out, pistol grip in the trunk, stunt blunt
Got me doing some stupid shit, monkey bitches make me click
Loced out, pistol grip in the trunk, stunt blunt
Got me doing some stupid shit, monkey bitches make me click
Loced out, pistol grip, loced out, pistol grip
Loced out, pistol grip, loced out, pistol grip
Loced out, pistol grip in the trunk, stunt blunt
Got me doing some stupid shit, monkey bitches make me click

Reddog is on the track, booming crack. He puts the gat to your back. Fuck you now with no love. Niggas is constantly catching slugs. He’s all loced out with the pistol grip in the trunk.

Reddog kicks off Verse 1 with some slick esoteric pimp rap. Read these lyrics here for instance.:

Claiming you the shit bitch, now you in the fucking clique
Trick did I give you permission to off the mouth with that fucking bullshit?
Down these bitches killing me, talking bout some twelve play
Pull my shit out on that bitch, fucking grind on this dick
You can be my private hoe and I can be your private teacher
Get your ass out there and make my ends, I come right back and meet you
Collect up all my shit 'cause a nigga known I pimp these hoes
Coming clean with the bow, chargin' hoe, that's how it go

Mane, Reddog don't give a fuck about these motherfucking hoes. He is too busy to be caring about them hoes as he is busting heads and breaking necks. He don’t have time to be putting them in check.

Why is Reddog so real? Because he is just so trill and is on some gangster shit. Nigga you better know the deal, 'cause a bitch will try to steal. That is just life in the prostitution game.

These lyrics use an esoteric punch where pronouns are used.

'Cause it really don't make me run 'cause I've had my fucking gun
In my pants, on my hand, raining bullets, feeling like Superman
Through the air, you never know, when them things might hit you, hoe
On the shit, as I click, feed a bitch really quick
Party too thick for you trick, nigga they breaking you off something, bitch

Reddog uses even more violent and esoteric lyrics in Verse 2. Read the words and lyrics to Verse 2 here for instance.:

Sipping up on some Alize, better get out my fucking face
Watch me rip out my shit, Tec-9 bitch to your dick
Chop you up like Jeffrey Dahmer, kill your ass just for fun
Just like my nigga Koopsta Knicca, lend me your fucking body no
Then I fucked 'em in they fucking car
Then you know I pull out my 98 Glock on that bullshit


Shawty Pimp uses his slick yet esoteric pimp raps on Kickin’ Pimpin’. That is what makes this song of his an undeniable classic yet an under-appreciated Memphis rap classic. Can't nobody but the big boys dig this shit. You know what I'm saying? They’re gonna kick some pimpin' for you niggas out there 'cause it ain't gonna never die. And for you pimpin' ass niggas out there.

Shawty Pimp is just smoking sacks and drinking yak with Mista K and Reddog. He is kickin' back like a man. Some niggas are all around their motherfucking hall. Killing when they get them bitches on that motherfucking track.

Riding in the Cutlass thing, sweating up on them bitches, mane. See you gotta understand that this is just a pimping game. Shawty Pimp gotta play the bill 'cause a real nigga is trill. Booming yay so you know a true ass nigga making bills. Best believe Shawty Pimp is nevеr falling short.

Niggas be getting into that gangster shit too much. So Shawty Pimp keeps it at a pimping level with his game and hustle. All while making cash everyday. Bitches on his dick. Why them niggas keep on talking shit? Laid back, kickin', straight up pimpin’.


One Mean Stain deals with being trapped in an endless cycle of poverty. Shawty Pimp is trapped. One Mean Stain relies heavily on the sample of Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Everybody Loves the Sunshine.

Shawty Pimp has a lot on his mind as he is trying think of what to do. Shawty Pimp is broke as a motherfucker. There ain't no money coming through. It's been like this for a couple of weeks. He has think of a plan before he kills the next man. With a Glock in hand, he’s a wild man caught up in this life of crime. Shawty Pimp is about to get this man. Shawty Pimp has been trailing his ass for fifteen minutes. He waits in the driveway. The driveway leads up to a big ass house in Germantown. He took his dope and money too 'cause that's what a pimp is supposed to do. He also took his wedding ring. A nigga known for everything.

Shawty Pimp is now out looking for more hoes to trick. So I pulled out his .44, rushed the door, and threw them down.


Play No Playa is quite a harmonic rhythmic gangsta rap/pimp rap song which samples Anita Baker - Whatever It Takes. You can’t play no playa. You busters better recognize.

Shawty Pimp and Reddog are in the middle of this dope game. Reddog's on the motherfucking set in the campaign. ‘Cause a nigga know it's you, automatic weapon fool. You might try to kill him in and assassination attempt but he ends up killing you instead. That is what the lyrics “You might try to kill me, in attempts I end up killing you” mean.

Bodies have been buried in the ground. You hoes that are talking shit can suck his dick. Shawty Pimp is cool and straight legit.

Shawty Pimp and Reddog explain how they execute their pimp game in these lyrics below.

Bеtter make my money hoе, if you know what's best for you
If you wanna keep your life, I suggest I keep on pimping you
Mane I'm getting richer from these hoes while my cash flow
Living like a, that's whatever you call it, I'm born it hoe

'Cause you know the shit I kick, pimping keeps my pockets thick
On you funky, shady bitches, having you hoes clock all my riches
Just because I dog on hoes, maybe even slap a hoe

Shawty Pimp just let us know that you cannot play a playa. He breaks down game to you lames and you busters. Beware as he is breaking wimps and breaking simps. To a player in the hood, cracking dollars in the street, stay clocking them dollars. Don’t weaponize a player when he's standing in your face, bitch. Him and Shawty Pimp making these hoes pay what they weigh. Living day by day. Sipping on that E & J.

I rate this album 4/5****!

No comments:

Post a Comment