Thursday, October 21, 2021

Mixerr Album Reviews #2,448

Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf ‎– My World Premiere is one of the most rawest yet lyrically fierce hip hop/rap singles of 1996. Peanut Butter Wolf was in his prime when he produced this Charizma & Peanut Butter Wolf single. The beats coming from this single super dope, phat, and fresh! You do not want to miss out on a chance of owning this single. If you love Big L, then you will love this single. The single includes the competitive battle rap songs My World Premiere, Top Notch Competitor, and Methods (Fresh For '86).

Now most of these songs were recorded prior to 1995 and did not get released until 1996 when this single came out. This was the first release from Stones Throw Records which would pave the way and make a blueprint for their hip hop groups and artists to follow in the future. Yes, this was first release on Stones Throw Records.


My World Premiere is one of Charizma’s best battle rap songs and the most rawest yet lyrically fierce hip hop/rap song of 1996. The song is known for using trademark signature thick hard boom bap beats and having that live sound. Noise in the background adds to the dopes of this battle rap. Charizma sounds very much similar to Big L on this battle rap song with his flow and rhyme scheme.
 
The song begins with the memorable classic lyrics “Fly Sporadic/Let’s get dramatic because I’m new with no static/New with no static”

The echo drop at 1:08 is what makes the song dope. The echo drop gives this song an edge of suspense and climax. Here is how the echo drop begins. “In a B-Boy stance/I’m in the smog all alone/Alone, alone” The word "alone" echoes twice faintly. His echo lasts for 5 seconds until the 1:13 mark when he starts the second verse with the lyrics “When I didn’t have a mic I rapped on headphones”.

These lyrics are what make Verse 2 so dope and thrilling.

In a B-Boy stance
I’m in the smog all alone
Alone, alone
When I didn’t have a mic I rapped on headphones

Now the way he says "peace" at the end is just absolutely amazing. Nobody will ever pronounce that word as good as he did, the way he did.


Now these are the words and lyrics which sure enough make My World Premiere a classic and memorable battle rap song.

Fly Sporadic
Let’s get dramatic because I’m new with no static
New with no static

In a B-Boy stance
I’m in the smog all alone
Alone, alone
When I didn’t have a mic I rapped on headphones

Attention ladies and gentlemen
It’s hard for me to swim
So I don’t dive in

I put two hands together like 12 o'clock
So applause
Cause we all came to see Charizma throw

If rappin' was pool, I'd hit the 8 ball in off the break!


You can enjoy some sweet sounds of classic hip hop as Methods (Fresh For '86) uses beats smooth and groovy like peanut butter. The song has a psychedelic feeling because the song uses trip hop beats. Now these are some psychedelic trip hop beats. This song was way ahead of its time! Charizma was so def and strong on Methods (Fresh For '86).

Methods (Fresh For '86) is known for these classic yet somewhat memorable lyrics.

Who said that real hip hop don't sell?
Me and my whole crew bought two copies of Raising Hell
They talk about Kobe, but Kobe ain't got nothing on me


Top Notch Competitor is one of the most lyrically competitive battle rap laced with such fierceness over a looped clarinet sample. A looped clarinet sample what gives this song a classic old school hip hop feeling and edge of jazz hop. The looped clarinet sample might be annoying to some but that does not prevent this song from being a dope battle rap. The lyrics are on point. Peanut Butter Wolf produced and recorded Top Notch Competitor with Charizma in 1992 at a dub studio.

These lyrics from Charizma showcase his rhyming ability as a lyricist and battle rapper. “I get enough static from the old records in the attic/And I collect dough from what I’m pickin’/Yo, I’m not in a fraternity/So don’t step to me at a show”

Now Top Notch Competitor has lyrics that are similar to the battle rap My World Premiere. There is much similarity with the lyrics. One can that Top Notch Competitor was an early demo for My World Premiere. Here are some examples in comparison to how the lyrics and words are similar to each other for both songs.

I am sorry, my friend
I left my rhymes in a shoe box
A week later I opened and it was Timberlands

Fly Sporadic
Let’s get dramatic because I’m new with no static


I rate this single 5/5*****!!

No comments:

Post a Comment