Thursday, October 25, 2018

Mixerr Album Reviews #1,542

This is Michael Mixerr. Today I will review BOSS NIGGAZ - Cloud Nine single from 1993 & 2002.
BOSS NIGGAZ was a one time rap group Saginaw, Michigan in the 90s.

Ever think about rap/soul with gangsta rhymes? This single was similar to Flint rap and Flint soul in a lot of ways with gangsta rap, soul, lots of drums, heavy sampling usage, some rock, and a little bit of Blues. (U BE U Studios was known for their quality production after all.) Think DFC, Top Authority, MC Breed, Dirty Jerk, Grand Funk Railroad, Terry Young, Baby T, Madame Dane, Bone Skanless, Mack Tha Jack'a, and all that good shit! It has that Sag Nasty sound. All that good shit!


Cloud Nine is a song to get high to and reminisce on past memories. This shit was mad sick then and is still sick now! Cloud Nine is one of the hardest joints to come out of Saginaw among several others. G Snipes and Ed Bass (R.I.P) rap through most of this track.

The chorus has best most memorable words. Read below.

[Chorus]
I STAY HIGH ON CLOUD 9 UP WITH THE BIRDS!
I STAY HIGH ON CLOUD 9 UP WITH THE BIRDS!
I STAY HIGH ON CLOUD 9 UP WITH THE BIRDS!


Break 'Em Off will remind you of an Esham track with that horrorcore and heavy bass. The track is a representation of 90s gangsta rap at its finest. BOSS NIGGAZ breaks us off something on this track. Q of U BE U Studios produced the songs. G Snipes and Ed Bass (R.I.P) rap through most of this track.

You can tell by listening to the lyrics that this song has a rough and rugged sound with a fowl atmosphere. The lyrics portray gruesome violence and chaotic mayhem. Much of the first verse and second verse are about murder. Read below.

[Chorus: Repeat]
I’m breaking them off
I’m breaking them off
I’m breaking them off a lil something

[Verse 1]
I’m breaking them off a lil something from my .38
I shot him up once, cutted him up, and made him into fish bait.
Two years later I pulled his foot out the river

[Verse 2]
I’m breaking them off a lil something from my Mac-10
This nigga fucked around and fired on my girlfriend
I pulled my Mac-10 and fired through his fuckin heart
And now his legs aren’t attached to his stomach part
My girl was crying, she was reaching for the telephone
She called the 5-0, Now what the fuck if going on?
I cocked my Mac back and put it to her fuckin back
That shit was foul what I did to her after that
I’m breaking them off a lil something from my 4-5
Hit him in the head and the sorry son of a bitch died
I’m breaking them off a lil something from my .9 ya’ll
They must don't know deez niggaz rough up here in Saginaw!


I rate this single, Cloud Nine, 5/5*****!!

No comments:

Post a Comment