Monday, November 17, 2014

Mixerr Album Reviews #344

This is Michael Mixerr. I will review the Two Eleven album by Brandy Norwood that dropped on RCA in late 2012. (For some regions of the world this may not apply.) This album is more pop influenced. I decided to better my album review of Brandy due to a change in heart. I changed my mind. The reason for that being is because Brandy poured her heart and soul into the making of this particular album I am going to review. I have revised some paragraphs, changed some sentences, and did some grammatical changes.

On Put It Down, Brandy shows us how she puts it down with keeping up the current trends of today's audience by featuring Chris Brown as a guest artist. This single holds and weighs down the album the most. Put It Down was the most promoted song off the whole album. Put It Down is upbeat trap beats over a pop filled love song; which is not bad.

So Sick and Slower were songs that I weren't really feeling. I'll be honest and not mean. Wish Your Love Away and Can You Hear Me Now? had potential to be singles. So did What You Need. (If it was 1998 of course.) Wildest Dreams was ok. My favorites songs were Put It Down, Wildest Dreams, Can You Hear Me Now? and Wish Your Love Away. Put It Down and Wildest Dreams were the highlights of this album as they were the most promoted.


Due to the automobile accident and return of her acting career with the television show Family Business with Ray J, Brandy did not get the time to promote the Two Eleven album as she planned. Due to creative differences with Brandy and Atlantic Records, her album was not released in 2011 as planned. That would have been brehsive!

With all personal issues and legal drama aside, I can say that this album was a flop. It seems that every Brandy album after Fullmoon album sales went downhill with strategic marketing promotion. I hope Brandy does better on her next album if she does another album. The only good song was Put It Down. Buy this album if you are a Brandy completionist. Despite all the promotional efforts put into Two Eleven, this album was a flop. The marketing efforts were the best since RCA does extravagant. This album should have gotten more of a chance to flourish and shine as Afrodisiac, Full Moon, and Never Say Never did.

I rate this album, Two Eleven, 2/5**.

No comments:

Post a Comment