Thursday, November 1, 2018

Mixerr Album Reviews #1,549

Too Hard Too Hype ‎– It's Possible / I Have A Solution is a hard to find EP on vinyl full of Chicano hip hop music from San Antonio, Texas. The old school hip hop sound is prevalent on this EP. The production has an extremely fresh sound from J I Productions/G Unique suited to your ears.

Too Hard Too Hype was one of the first Chicano hip hop/rap groups from San Antonio and Texas. In fact, Too Hard Too Hype was one of the first Chicano hip hop/rap groups period overall.


Let It Drop is a percussion heavy hip hop song with dope rhymes. The percussion was programmed electronically from a drum machine. Lyrics are rapped over a looped guitar sample that can be heard repeating over the song. Mixin’ Mando is responsible for the scratches.

I Have A Solution was a song about suicide, love and pain. That is why this midtempo song has a theme love and suicide. The song itself is a midtempo slow jam. The message of this song is that love hurts. However the song is not too graphic. Local record stores and music shops had to take it off the shelves cause there were too many suicides to this song.

What I Write is dope fresh rap song. Hardcore poetry, rhymes, and rhythms are what compose the song What I Write. San Antonio classic right here!


I rate this EP, It's Possible / I Have A Solution, 5/5*****!!

No comments:

Post a Comment