The history of the Bonnie View School in Bonnie View, Texas has been long forgotten. Not very much is known about this school.
In November 2, 1922, Refugio County School Board erected a school building a cost of $30,000. The school was built on a concrete foundation. Wooden floors were added inside. W. C. Stephens was the architect responsible for designing this school building. The school building itself was 3 stories tall in height and had a basement. Bonnie View School was first established at Five Points. Bonnie View School was the beginning of the present Calallen Independent School District (Calallen ISD) in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Church services were held in this building for a number of years. Later Bonnie View School became a community center. In 1954, Bonnie View School consolidated into Calallen Independent School District (Calallen ISD) located in the Calallen district of Corpus Christi, Texas. The Bonnie View School was demolished in 1960.
Land where the former Bonnie School building once stood became a county park in 1972 for Refugio County. Today only a metal square framed building remains of the Bonnie View School. This metal square framed building has since been remodeled.
Locations for this school were 359 FM 629 Bonnie View, Texas, US 78393 and 359 FM 629 Woodsboro, Texas, US 78393.