Saturday, July 10, 2021

Mixerr Album Reviews #2,364

Michael Jackson - Thriller is the best selling album of all time. This album is a must have for any music collector out there! Thriller is one of the most brehsive albums of the 1980s! A classic masterpiece to its own right and acclaim. Each song is worth playing. No song is worth skipping. This was the album that defined pop music in the 1980s. Thriller made Michael Jackson into being the King of Pop and King of Music altogether.

Everything from love ballads to dance numbers are included on this album. Love ballads such as The Girl Is Mine, Lady In My Life, P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing), Billie Jean, and Baby Be Mine are included. Dance numbers such as Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Thriller, and Beat It.


The Girl Is Mine has Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney fighting over a girl whom they both love. Michael says that she is his girl but Paul begs to differ. This causes them to have an argument the entire song. So the two continuously argue throughout the song. Of course this creates tension and conflict between the duo. So the duo both sing to their hearts content throughout song. This is probably the most polite way to fight over a girl. Overall The Girl Is Mine is an infectious love song.

It’s funny how everyone talks about how perfect Michael Jackson was when talking this song but no one hardly ever mentions how perfect Paul McCartney sounds when hitting that low note. How is nobody talking about Paul hitting that low note? The way Paul hits that that low note with his vocals at the 2:43 duration mark is perfect. His low vocal range during 2:43 will make your heart melt with such infectiousness due to his deep voice when hitting that low note from his vocal range with smooth tenderness.

[Refrain: Michael + Paul]
She's mine, she's mine
No, no, no, she's mine
The girl is mine, the girl is mine
The girl is mine, the girl is mine
The girl is mine (mine, mine); yep, she's mine (mine, mine)
The girl is mine (mine, mine); yeah, she's mine (mine, mine)

Not too many people know this but Paul McCartney has a larger vocal range than Michael Jackson. He actually has a larger vocal range than Freddie Mercury too. That is why his voice sounds really dry on this song.

Paul McCartney does not understand Michael Jackson’s thought process when he says the girl is his and not Paul’s. He proceeds to tell Michael that he is wasting his time by sending her roses and his silly dreams. And probably letters too. He makes a reference out of this while singing Verse 2.

[Verse 2: Paul McCartney]
I don't understand the way you think
Saying that she's yours, not mine
Sending roses and your silly dreams
Really just a waste of time

The argument is heating up as both of them are starting to get more competitive with each other during all of Verse 3, the hook prior to Verse 3, the bridge, and Verse 4.

[Hook: Paul McCartney]
Because she's mine
The doggone girl is mine
Don't waste your time
Because the doggone girl is mine

[Verse 3: Michael + Paul]
I love you more than he
(Take you anywhere)
Well I love you endlessly
(Loving we will share)
So come and go with me
To one's town

[Bridge: Michael Jackson]
But we both cannot have her
So it's one or the other
And one day you'll discover
That she's my girl forever and ever

[Verse 4: Michael + Paul]
Don't build your hopes to be let down
'Cause I really feel it's time
I know she'll tell you I'm the one for her
'Cause she said I blow her mind

These lyrics during the interlude to this song showcases Michael’s pacifist nature as a nonviolent person. Clearly he is a lover and not a fighter.

[Interlude: Michael + Paul]
Paul: Michael, we're not going to fight about this, okay?
Michael: Paul, I think I told you. I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Paul: Eh, I've heard it all before, Michael. She told me that I'm her forever lover, you know, don't you remember?
Michael: Well, after loving me she said she couldn't love another
Paul: Is that what she said?
Michael: Yeah, she said it; you keep dreaming


Human Nature is definitely the best quiet storm song off the Thriller album next to Baby Be Mine and The Lady In My Life. This song is so heavenly due to the tranquil lush instrumentation used everywhere. The song uses a balanced mixture of both loudness and quietness. One word to describe the feeling of this song is surreal. This song can evoke feeling never felt before. Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones masters of their craft.

Human Nature showcases and captures the childlike wonder part of his personality. This is one of his few songs to capture the childlike wonder part of his personality.

This is what human nature is. Human nature is the general psychological characteristics, feelings, and behavioral traits of humankind, regarded as shared by all humans. Human nature is curiosity and the desire to explore. The desire to explore and achieve. To long for affection in search of attention or company. When people ask you why you do things, just tell them it’s human nature, something you can’t control. That is what the basis of this song is. Human nature is something we can’t always control. There are certain aspects of human nature that we can’t control such as psychological characteristics, genealogical features, feelings, and behavioral traits.

Honestly Human Nature should have been used as the closer for the Thriller album. However Lady In My Life was just as perfect. Lady In My Life was a perfect way to close the album. Both songs were good enough to be chosen as the closer for the Thriller album.

Michael is looking out at New York City’s skyline at night. New York City is the city that never sleeps. He hears a lady’s voice. Vocals from a lady attract Michael as her “sighs” resonate within him. Her voice makes Michael yearn for affection. These are sweet seducing sighs. Four walls won’t hold him tonight. Michael is feeling trapped inside his hotels walls, he wants to get out and roam the streets at night to just get away to get a taste of The Big Apple that is New York City. He wants to get out as he is feeling adventurous.

Michael is longing for affection in search of attention or company. The paparazzi follows him everywhere he goes. He is cognizant of this. An unknown lady has caught Michael’s attention and she has become aware that is watching her. Michael has become aware that she is watching him. Verse 2 showcases that he is cognizant of this.

[Verse 2]
Reaching out to touch a stranger
Electric eyes are everywhere
See that girl, she knows I'm watching
She likes the way I stare

These lyrics explain how Michael is longing for affection in search of attention or company: “Reaching out to touch a stranger/Electric eyes are everywhere/See that girl, she knows I'm watching/She likes the way I stare”

The city's heart begins to beat in the morning because this is New York City. The city that never sleeps. Michael eventually finds the lady he is searching for from the previous morning. He reaches out and touches her on her shoulder. He is dreaming of getting out into the city again because he is feeling adventurous. That way he can roam around and do as he pleases.


Baby Be Mine is a crooning R&B love ballad which was written by English songwriter Rod Temperton and produced by Quincy Jones. This song captures the essence of R&B with Michael Jackson’s singing.

The song Baby Be Mine was unfortunately not released as a single. This is because Baby Be Mine was regarded as “just another R&B love ballad” by Michael Jackson fans and got overlooked to the success of other songs from the Thriller album which were chart-topping singles on BillBoard. Honestly this is an underrated and overlooked Michael Jackson song. Baby Be Mine is definitely the most overlooked song off the Thriller album next to The Lady In My Life and Human Nature.

Michael Jackson doesn't need any dreams when he is by her side. Every moment takes him to paradise. He shows her all the magic that a perfect love can make through the power of hugging. Michael is not delivering all the affection he could to his lover, but he offers her an incentive to be all his. Then she will receive all of Michael’s love. This girl is the future he desires and longs for. He gives her an incentive by telling her, “Darling, let me hold you. I'll warm you in my arms and melt your fears away. Show you all the magic that a perfect love can make. I need you night and day. So baby, be mine.”


Lady in My Life is the smooth celestial closer of the Thriller album. The song has calming subtle mood perfect to fight the nighttime and nightlife.

These are the most celestial lyrics to Lady in My Life, “There'll be no darkness tonight/Lady, our love will shine (Lighting the night)”

Michael describes the lady in his life as a treasure because she is precious to him. Their love will burn brightly thus warding off any pain, darkness, and loneliness. He’s got this burning affection for this lady as he knows that will be together forever. The lyrics, “Lay back in my tenderness/Let's make this a night we won't forget” indicates that both of them will make memories and live in the moment. These lyrics show how woke Michael is. He still has the memories even if they were to be separated. He can relive those memories anytime he wants. His affection for her is what he yearns and longs for. He feels her with the sweetest love.

Michael offers her an incentive to be all his with these lyrics, “I can make you feel alright/And, baby, through the years/Going to love you more each day/So I promise you tonight/That you will always be the lady in my life”

[Chorus]
So listen to my heart
Lay your body close to mine
Let me fill you with my dreams
I can make you feel alright
And, baby, through the years
Going to love you more each day
So I promise you tonight
That you will always be the lady in my life

[Verse 2]
Lay back in my tenderness
Let's make this a night we won't forget
Girl, I need your sweet caress, oh
Reach out to a fantasy
Two hearts in a beat of ecstasy
Come to me, girl

Michael Jackson asks her to do the following for tonight: Stay with me. I want you to stay with me. I need you by my side. Don't you go nowhere. Ooh, girl, let me keep you warm. Let me keep you warm. You are the lady in my life.

(Feel you with the sweetest love)
I want to squeeze you
(Always the lady in my life)

These lyrics represent the more intimate heartfelt moments of this song. These lyrics come from the bridge. Compare the lyrics below.

You're my lady
(Feel you with the sweetest love)
I want to squeeze you
(Always the lady in my life)
I want to touch you, baby
(Lay back in my tenderness)
(You are the lady in my life)
(Rock me with your sweet caress)
(Always the lady in my life)
You're my lady and I love you, girl
(Ooh, girl, let me keep you warm)
(You are the lady in my life)
Don't you go nowhere
(Feel you with the sweetest love)
(Always the lady in my life)

[Bridge]
Stay with me
I want you to stay with me
I need you by my side
Don't you go nowhere
(Ooh, girl, let me keep you warm)
Let me keep you warm
(You are the lady in my life)
You're my lady
(Feel you with the sweetest love)
I want to squeeze you
(Always the lady in my life)
I want to touch you, baby
(Lay back in my tenderness)
(You are the lady in my life)
(Rock me with your sweet caress)
(Always the lady in my life)
You're my lady and I love you, girl
(Ooh, girl, let me keep you warm)
(You are the lady in my life)
Don't you go nowhere
(Feel you with the sweetest love)
(Always the lady in my life)
I love you I, love you, I need you, I want you, baby
(Lay back in my tenderness)
Stay with me
(You are the lady in my life)
Don't you go nowhere
(Rock me with your sweet caress)
And I love you, baby
(Always the lady in my life)
Woo, ooh, baby
Don't go nowhere
You're my lady
All through the night


I rate this album 5/5*****!!

No comments:

Post a Comment